Wednesday 24 March 2010

Julie and Julia by Julia Powell.




If I could give one piece of advice in regards to the book, it would be this: do not read it. I was intrigued by the trailer, it looked like something I would really enjoy especially because Meryl Streep is in it (one of my fave actresses). I always feel complelled to read the book before watching the film so I bought the book.

At first, I felt the book was a little slow to begin with and I kept expecting it to pick up and eventually gain my full attention but the book was just dull, that's the only way to describe it. I have one chapter left (just after she turns 30) and I can't even find the energy to finish this book. There is no real flow to the book and Julie just continuously throws in a random story now and again (what was the whole thing about David Strathairn all about??!) and there's no real structure to it. I also hated Julie with her constant negativity and screaming at Eric-ALL THE TIME!!! Shut up already Julie, this was your idea so just get on with it.

I didn't see the point in including the mini instalments on Julia, I found myself just skimming through it just for the sake of completion but didn't find it at all interesting.

End. Of. Rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment